WordPress or WordPress themes are keywords that are searched a lot on Google and other search engines. So what is WordPress Theme? What advantages does it have? How like? How to distinguish WordPress Theme? What skills do you need to make a WordPress Theme … With this article, let’s learn more about WordPress Theme.
What is WordPress theme?
The simplest and most straightforward definition is “Theme is the interface of WordPress” . For websites made with WordPress, the theme is the folder that contains the entire interface design file. That is where WordPress allows you to change, edit the interface. Each website has a unique theme. Once a developer gets a good theme, they can sell it on the market. There are now millions of free to paid themes for sale on the internet.
Why use a theme?
Themes are a must on your website. All companies making websites with WordPress want to edit the interface, they must go through this directory. When installing WordPress, there are already 03 free themes available such as twenty fifteen, twenty fourteen and twenty-sixteen, but these themes are quite simple, often requiring additional editing to be able to use.
Advantages of WordPress theme
- Installation is simple with just a few taps.
- Easy to develop, modify and maintain.
- Simple management interface, easy to understand.
- Clear structure
- Friendly to search engines like Google, Bing …
Should I buy a WordPress theme?
WordPress themes are very popular in the market. The good quality themes help your website look professional without spending too much time, effort and cost. So buying a theme is a perfect fit for the current period. You just need to find out if it is fully functional as desired. You can buy premium themes here.
Distinguish WordPress Theme
Currently, on the Internet there are many types of WordPress themes, there are 2 types of free and paid, free themes, simple installation, but may not be good for SEO in Onpage issues, less and less functional. The paid theme is completely different, though it has a somewhat complicated setting, requiring a bit more experience. However, paid themes may not be optimal for Onpage SEO as some developers only do well in terms of technique and art but forget the important part of optimizing SEO. But do not worry, PPO has a solution for WordPress installation service that will complete all for you.
And WordPress themes can be classified as follows:
- Regular WordPress theme: A theme with a basic code structure in the API library and open functions in WordPress available support, a theme usually includes main files such as index.php, header.php, footer.php, single. php, sidebar.php, archive.php, category.php and sometimes there will be a few more files but those files are all of the standard WordPress theme structure.
- Theme Framework: Is an advanced theme type, structured unlike a normal theme and only for experienced users. This type of theme usually has a very basic interface because the purpose it generates is for users to proceed to customize it into an interface of its own nature.
- Theme Builder: This is a kind of structured theme that is completely different from a regular theme but with fairly simple usage, you just drag and drop the objects it has available into the interface and customizes the colors to automatically. Design your own interface. This type is often used for ordinary users because of the slightly poor customization. Some famous Theme Builder like Headway, Ultimatum, JBuilder, PageLines,…
- Starter Theme: This type is only for programmers or designers to design their own theme entirely based on the pre-made structure. If you need to learn how to make a theme, you should start with this.
- Child Theme: This is a regular theme but it inherits the features of the parent theme, often used to customize the theme without interfering with the code of the parent theme. Except for some special themes like Headway, Thesis, all other themes support child theme, including normal theme.
How to create a WordPress theme?
- Interface design in Photoshop was PSD file.
- Install the WordPress source code.
- Change from a static HTML interface to a WordPress theme.
- Skills and knowledge required to develop WordPress themes
- Basic PHP programming skills.
- Art design skills.
- Basic WordPress knowledge.
Conclusion: A must-have theme in a website made with WordPress. WordPress theme helps programmers shorten website design time. It also increases the professionalism of your website.